Sunday, June 14, 2009

We're Baaack!!

That's right, we are back! Our mommy is soo very sorry for letting our adventures slip by but she said she had been super busy during the month of May and then she took a "mommy and daddy" mini vacation to Las Vegas (she says she needed a break...whatever that means). She said she missed us TONS (that will teach her to not take us along!). We were pretty busy too so let us catch you guys up.



Last time you saw me I had just turned six months. Since then I have learned to sit up all by myself. It was my Mother's Day gift to mommy. She was happy and a little sad too because I am growing up too fast. But still, it was the best gift she got that day. Don't I look like a big boy sitting up for the first time. I was still a little wobbly back then but I'm like an ol' pro now!






Then on May 23 I had my Holy Baptism. My great-grandpa Deacon Dubuque baptized me in his church in Corpus Christi (he baptized my sister too when she was a baby). My Auntie Missy and Uncle Raymon became my god-parents. All of my family came from San Antonio to see me get baptized and I loved that they were all there. It was a very special day!



I am now seven months and growing like a weed! I have two teeth now and can FINALLY hold my bottle all by myself. Mommy and Daddy better watch out because I am getting ready to crawl any day now. Actually, Alyssa better watch out because here I come!(straight for those toys ha ha!) Summer is going to be great because I finally get to play with mommy and daddy and will get to do some cool things with sister. Mommy says we are going swimming in the pool all summer and we are even going to the beach! I can't wait!






I had a busy month too! School is finally over. I had a festival on May 3rd that I performed in at my school. It was my last performance at St. Anthony Learning Center because I will be going to Ott Elementary next year. I also started gymnastics at the Little Gym that same weekend. I started late in the semester but I got that hang of it really quick! I couldn't wait to go every week and learn new things.






I learned to walk the balance beam, do "donkey kicks" and "monkey jumps" (these are all technical terms). I did forward rolls and backward rolls down the mats, "spider walks" on the uneven bars and even learned to hang from the bar. All my hard work paid off for "show week" where I showed my mommy and daddy all my cool routines and even got a metal for it! Daddy says its my "first of many" to come. I think he wants to frame it!




I am really looking forward to this summer. I am going to do ballet and tap along with gymnastics at The Little Gym. I can't wait to go swimming and visit the beach again. I hope to go to Sea World and Fiesta Texas and best of all play with Monkey all summer. It's going to be a blast...I just hope Mommy and Daddy can keep up with us!



1 comment:

  1. O-M-G The elusive Dubuque Family has been found! :) It's your old buddy Jason. Well my friends, you have a beautiful family. We'll have to meet up sometime so I can meet your little ones and we can catch up. :)

    I don't know if you are on Facebook, but if you are, drop me a line there too. If not, check out my blog and leave me a comment if you'd like.

    Wish you all the best.

    Take care.

    Your friend,

    Jason Martinez

    ReplyDelete